Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: I'm back!

  1. #11
    Bolex Bob
    Guest Bolex Bob's Avatar

    Post

    Well! I guess I flew off the handle, there buddy!
    Let me be the big man and apoligize then!

    I'm planning on coming out in early Spring for some surfing shoot this friend wants me to help out with. Maybe we can get together then!

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bolex Bob:
    Well! I guess I flew off the handle, there buddy!
    Let me be the big man and apoligize then!

    I'm planning on coming out in early Spring for some surfing shoot this friend wants me to help out with. Maybe we can get together then!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I note a slight twinge of sarcasm in your post.

    No apology necessary

    (footnote# smile

    ------------------
    Alex

    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited October 26, 2001).]

  3. #13
    Bolex Bob
    Guest Bolex Bob's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:


    If Bolex Bob had showed up his eyes would have been spinning like pinwheels into next year.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hey, Buddy! Whatd ya mean by that?? My eyes would be spinning?? You wanted to clock me? Is that it? That's the thanks I get for defending you in the past? I didn't "chicken out" -- I was planning on a road trip -- not to see you. I had some stuff I wanted to film in Calif. but I ran out of time and film before I could get there.

    You give yourself too much credit, buddy.

    ------------------

  4. #14
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    Alex, if you have concerns about some individual meeting you or not meeting you someplace, can you take it to private e-mail and not use the forum for this sort of communication? Thanks.

    Anybody else, please don't bait Alex.

    Bolex Bob, getting back on topic, I'd love to hear more about your trip and all the wonderful footage you shot. Is your Rex an 8mm, modified Super 8 or 16mm camera? I have a Bolex reflex H8 (not modified for S8) that's in wonderful working condition. At least it seems to be. I've had the thing for a couple of years but haven't run any film through it yet!

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  5. #15
    Bolex Bob
    Guest Bolex Bob's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Mike!
    Thanks for setting these folks straight!

    My trip was wonderful. The Rex-3 is 16mm -- you can get them for pretty good prices used on e-bay now that everyone seems to be using either S16 or S8!

    Well, where to begin? If you folks haven't been to Route 66 you are missing out on some wonderful opportunites. Why Hollywood hasn't shot more movies (and I'm not talking about that stupid 'Route 66' TV show which was barely even shot anywhere near there) on it is a mystery. There are tons of abandoned motels and buldings that I shot -- for some reason abandoned buildings are what interst me. It's like a mystery -- you try to figure out what happened to the original owners and why this property was allowed to deteriorate and what that ultimately means for the Route. Anyway, I shot 8 hours a day sometimes with all natural light. It was beautiful. I got corn fields in Illinois against a blue sky that would BLOW YOU AWAY! There are all sorts of sights that you wouldn't believe. I'll go more into it later if you like. Got to go to my day job now.

    Bob

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
    Well, do you?

    Considering how you reamed my backside for daring to talk about 16mm on a super 8 forum, I think that's a fair question. Too bad you expend all your energy doing everything except answer it.

    Roger
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    This right here is the whole problem.

    I made it clear over and over and over and over, and every time I did, you would accuse me of calling you names or insulting you....

    ....I made it clear that just because you are comfortable shooting 16mm in practically any situation where one could shoot super-8 doesn't mean everyone else is just as comfortable as you.

    Nor does it mean just because someone is shooting in 16mm their project will automatically be better than if they shot it in Super 8mm.

    You NEVER ONCE said, "in my opinion, 16mm is a better choice, you always phrased your comments around the irrefuteability of this point......

    You always stated your position that 16mm can be used anywhere Super-8 can be used by ANYONE as an IRREFUTEABLE FACT.

    And then because I disagreed with you you got really angry and accused me of attacking you personally.

    Not once have you EVER looked at any post of mine that could be interpreted in more than one way with anything but the most jaundiced view.

    Since that August "debate", I have tryed to avoid long heated battles.

    When someone recently flamed against you Roger, I think it was Camera Guy, I stepped in so you wouldn't even have to dignify the comment by responding to it.

    Apparently, that counts for nothing, and then it's back to supporting Chas when he asks biting questions of me in a very condescending and judgemental matter.

    Chaz didn't ask a simple straightforward question, but instead "asked' a biting question filled with supposition and negative innuendo...and then you expect me to answer such a question.

    Yet you yourself Roger have ridiculed me anytime I have ever mentioned any achievements I have had with Super-8. You even ridiculed the fact that I had won a local Emmy.

    Neil (Jocko) even posted how surprised at your comments you made about my filmmaking, even though I have NEVER questioned anything you have achieved....EVER.

    When I bring up the topic of prototypes, you view it in the most hostile way possible and as an assault on you.

    It is so obvious that most of the topics I start are designed to promote discussion among Hostboard members.

    If you want to continue to blame me, just remember, you have never, not even once, ever believed anything but the most negative interpretation way when reading my posts.

    Then If I try to explain better what I mean, you then chide me for changing my story.

    Apparently, Mike hasn't noticed your game.

    but I have....the sad part is there is nothing I can do about it, because I don't make perfect posts.


    The following was posted by Roger and Chas on another board just before he started posting on Hostboard this past July.

    General 8mm forum
    [ Back to messages | Post a reply ]

    Posted by
    Re: Hostboard
    Bloomsday

    Did Hostboard shut down? Will I be excommunicated for speaking of it?


    MovieStuff
    They have had server problems since another company recently bought them out. There was a temporary notice that said they should be back up for the weeked, but will up and down over the next week or so.

    Too bad Andreas is on vacation. This would be a prime opportunity for him to move in on Mike's territory by making changes to this forum that would allow for latest post priority, like the other boards.

    Roger


    chas_ucla
    Yeah, that is too bad. I remember how Hostboard seemed to get a lot more members when Deja forum got bought out by Google and a whole lot of people who had been using the alt.cinematography.super8
    newsgroup seemed to jump ship. Andreas, come back!


    Bloomsday
    I saw the temporary notice but the dates were in June or something... thought it was a glitch. Or it could have been a glitch in my head. Oy. Gotta go back to work.
    Marc S.

    Andreas W. Andersen
    Well, haven't left yet, but will leave for my hometown today. Still, I'll be online (once in a while) till the end of next week.
    Here are my plans:
    I've recently bought a brand new $1000 server that will host this website. It will be placed in a servercenter hosted by one of Europe's largest ISPs. You will most likely "feel" the difference, because the new server is much, much better than this one!

    I will install a forum/board which looks quite similare to Mike Brantleys', but this one will be customized to fit the
    design of this site. The new forum will a type where you'll have to create an account where you log in every time you use it. This is both positive and negative. However, the code has been found so it's not a "hugh" job to implement it. I'll just need to learn some database (mysql).

    I will also be adding some other nice gadgets to this site soon.

    Thanks for your patience guys - I appreciate it! Andreas





    ------------------
    Alex

  7. #17
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    The joke about this is that the whole reason Roger and I were on Andreas' board in the first place is because of you, Alex. Roger publicly stated that he was leaving Mike's board because he couldn't stand the negativity and unpleasantness that was going on.

    Andreas' board is cool and he's a swell guy but it doesn't seem to have too many members.

    You're very good at giving one side of the story -- your own. I've told my side in other posts, my record speaks for itself.

    Isn't it kind of funny that the only person who is consistently pissing people off is you? No matter how hard you try to justify your behavior --finding quotes from the past that fit your rhetoric -- you still can't answer that question.

    I ran into an old friend last night. I won't repeat what he said because he's a pro but he knows you and confirmed that it isn't only on this board where you have enemies.

    ------------------

  8. #18
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    Sigh.

    Deep breath.


    Sigh.

    I'm sorry, Bolex Bob, that your thread got hijacked by all of this. I will be certain to notify you of where the new board will be. I mean to be in control of a board that allows me to ban or suspend membership when such a step is warranted. Hostboard does not allow this on the moderator level, and I don't intend to operate a board that requires me to petition the administrator anytime I want to clean up the neighborhood.

    I am investigating my options, as this may require a financial investment on my part during a time when I'm a tad overextended.

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  9. #19
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    Please see the post I'm about to place into the "future of this forum" thread.

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  10. #20
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chas_ucla:
    The joke about this is that the whole reason Roger and I were on Andreas' board in the first place is because of you, Alex. Roger publicly stated that he was leaving Mike's board because he couldn't stand the negativity and unpleasantness that was going on.

    Andreas' board is cool and he's a swell guy but it doesn't seem to have too many members.

    You're very good at giving one side of the story -- your own. I've told my side in other posts, my record speaks for itself.

    Isn't it kind of funny that the only person who is consistently pissing people off is you? No matter how hard you try to justify your behavior --finding quotes from the past that fit your rhetoric -- you still can't answer that question.

    I ran into an old friend last night. I won't repeat what he said because he's a pro but he knows you and confirmed that it isn't only on this board where you have enemies.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    chas, I believe this quote was somewhere between May to June, Roger didn't start posting here until the middle of July.

    I was the first one to enthusiastically greet Roger and ask him if he was the maker of Jet Benny when Roger first started posting here.

    ------------------
    Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •